- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +49 (0) 761 203-97951
- Fax: +49 (0) 761 203-97957
- Address: Armin Hornung
Department of Computer Science / Humanoid Robots Lab
Georges-Koehler-Allee 074 (room 10)
D-79110 Freiburg, Germany
I am a PhD student at the Humanoid Robots Laboratory headed by Maren Bennewitz at the University of Freiburg. After studying at the University of Freiburg and the University of Washington in Seattle, I received my masters degree ("Diplom") from University of Freiburg in January 2009.
The focus of my research lies in humanoid robot navigation. See "Projects" below or my publications (with videos) for more details about my research. Some videos of my work are also available in our lab's YouTube-Channel.
As a member of the DFG-funded SFB/TR8 Spatial Cognition, I work on humanoid robot navigation in complex indoor environments.
In Freiburg's ROS-package repository, I provide drivers and other software which integrates the Nao humanoid robot into ROS, a free and open source robot operating system. In addition to the Nao ROS stack, I also maintain the humanoid_navigation stack and the octomap_mapping stack which integrates OctoMap into ROS.
During a research internship at Willow Garage in California I worked on the manipulation occupancy map collider and developed the 3d_navigation stack. This set of software packages enables a mobile manipulation robot like the PR2 to navigate in complex, threedimensional and cluttered environments.
OctoMap - A Probabilistic, Flexible, and Compact 3D Map Representation for Robotic Systems. The OctoMap library provides a compact and efficient data structure for robot mapping in arbitrary 3D environments. Source code and a ROS integration are available under BSD-license at GitHub.
- SS 13: Robotics Laboratory Practical Course
- Aug. 2012: Lecture "3D and Elevation Mapping" at the ROS RoboCup Rescue Summerschool 2012
- WS 12/13: Robotics Laboratory Practical Course
- SS 12: Humanoid Robots Seminar
- WS 11/12: Robotics Laboratory Practical Course
- WS 11/12: Robot Navigation Seminar
- WS 10/11: Robot Navigation Seminar
- SS 10: Humanoid Robots Seminar
- WS 09/10: Robot Navigation Seminar
- SS 09: Humanoid Robots Seminar